Wednesday 13 April 2011

Ruby's 6th

Ruby is 6! Yippeee, let's celebrate with some horsey cakes; no, some chocolate Malteser cakes; no, some horsey cakes, um no, I really want under-the-sea cakes... Are those my horsey cakes, Mum? oh yes! I remember I wanted under-the-sea ones...

Once Ruby had finally decided on a theme for her cakes, I made her some chocolate Guinness cakes (only a tiny amount of alcohol, which I'm sure disappears on baking, before anyone reminds me that she's underage!), topped with sea-green vanilla buttercream and fondant icing decorations.

Happy Birthday Ruby chan!


(Not quite as neat a job with these cakes, as the last under sea ones, but they were done in quite a rush - sorry, Ruby)


Goldfish and gold bubbles


A dolphin (though Danny wanted to pretend it was a shark)


Starfish


The ubiquitous 'blowing out the candles' photo.


Jelly and Ice cream.


Second lot of cakes for the second (family) party on her actual birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment