Monday 28 March 2011

Danny's 4th Birthday

This weekend is a real anniversary for me, because not only is it my son Danny's 4th birthday, but it was Googling cake ideas for his birthday last year, and thinking, "I could do that!" that gave me the inspiration for my little business.

For months now Danny's been telling me that he wanted Spiderman and Cookie Monster cakes, but at the last minute he also added Elmo to the mix. Good because I wanted to work a bit more on my Elmo design- his mouth is different to Cookie Monster's, and this time I put some white icing on the cake first, so that his rugby ball-shaped head is more obvious.

I also baked some of Nigella Lawson's Butter Cut-Out Biscuits (from her Domestic Goddess book), and Danny and I iced them so that he could take them into school and share them with his nursery friends.

Chocolate Guinness cakes with vanilla or chocolate buttercream and fondant decorations






Blowing out the candles.


Look out, it's SpiderDan!


Ruby chose Cookie Monster and got a bright blue mouth!


Icing the number 4-shaped biscuits for Danny to take to nursery.


You can probably tell which he did and which I did.


Unbelievably, Danny is 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment