Thursday 4 August 2011

My wedding - 10 years on.

Thought I should post some photos from my and Sam's wedding - 10 years ago this August! Apologies for the photo quality, I had to scan them from the wedding album. The reason I wanted to post these is that we too had cupcakes for our wedding cake... before I think I even knew what cupcakes were - these are more like fairy buns!

Sam had baked the cakes in advance, and the night before the wedding, all early-arriving guests got to help out with decorating them. It means our cakes were not exactly coordinated in their design, but certainly gave the wedding a community feel, which is exactly how we wanted it.



...not sure this storage would pass any food hygiene requirements!


10 years on, we celebrated our 10th anniversary with another sweet treat: a trip to an ice cream parlour (we were on our summer holidays in Germany).

Ruby and Danny couldn't really believe their luck.



The cake stand from our wedding was made of perspex discs cut by my father-in-law and seperated by some wedding cake pillars that we borrowed from a local cake decorator.
10 years on, my mother-in-law, who is a talented printmaker, turned one of the perspex discs into a print as a present for our anniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment