Wednesday 22 December 2010

Cute Kung Fu Cakes


Using the ice cube tray for the chocolate Lego men.
I chose milk chocolate because I thought the black belt would show better on the lighter colour chocolate.


The finished men, and their piped coloured belts.


Lined up, according to rank!


They look a bit like that Chinese Terracotta Army when they're all lined up, I think.

All the coloured belts.

Cakes for the Kung Fu Christmas party called for something special, especially as most people knew I'm a cake-maker but hadn't had the chance to taste any yet.

I made chocolate cakes with a pinch or two of Chinese Five Spice (it's a Chinese martial art, you see), and little chocolate Lego men using my Lego ice cube tray, with the different colour belts piped on with royal icing.

For once I was making cakes for personal consumption, so I could use fresh cream instead of buttercream to top them. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment