Wednesday 1 December 2010

Snowmen and Snowflakes and Fairs, oh my!





The mini cakes packaged and ready to go to school:
Hmmm, not too happy with how they look, I wish I'd just done plain white buttercream in the end, as the pink looks odd and a bit clown-like.
I was trying to be too clever and Christmassy: it's cranberry flavour.


All the biscuits baked and iced/decorated for the fair.


Some are decorated with lebkuchen-style almonds. The sugar 'glaze' is mixed with edible gold lustre: you can see it in real life, but I couldn't make it show on the photos.


Lebkuchen-esque angel


Baubles.


My favourite one.


All boxed up and ready to be transported (by sledge: how authentic!) to the school.


It's snowing outside, so I'm indoors making tiny cake toppers for this Saturday's school fair.
50 snowmen are smiling up at me and I'm thinking about some sort of cranberry buttercream to make them extra Christmassy.
Tomorrow's job is to ice the gingerbread tree decorations that I baked yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment