Saturday 5 February 2011

Mr Potato Head

June asked me to make 6 cakes for Ambrose's birthday. He collects different Mr Potato Head characters and she sent me photos of them.

She had seen the Lego men cakes I'd made and liked the 3D look of them, but it would have been very expensive and time consuming to make 6 characters like that, so we compromised and I made two 3D versions from Ambrose's collection, and four flat designs- making different faces reflecting the fact that the original Mr Potato Head is a customisable toy.

It was really fun delivering the cakes (despite the rain), as Ambrose had no idea they were coming. How nice to be part of someone's birthday surprise!

Chocolate cakes with chocolate buttercream and fondant decorations.


Who knew such things existed? I certainly didn't.


The six finished cakes.


Darth Tater.


Side view.


Spider Spud
(I'm not making these names up!)


With big feet!


The classic Mr Potato Head faces.


This one looks a bit angry.


The Toy Story one.


Glasses.


Chocolate cakes and chocolate buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment