Monday 14 February 2011

Valentine's Day Cupcakes

Valentine's Day:
I had originally thought that I'd like to try out a Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe. But I just couldn't seem to get enthused about what is essentially a chocolate cake with lots and lots of food colouring in.

Instead I thought I would make some chocolate and Guinness cakes, decorated with a cream cheese icing that also has a splash of Guinness in!

I adapted Nigella Lawson's Guinness Cake recipe, but ended up with a massive amount of mixture! Next time I'll halve the recipe, but this time I made 12 normal sized cakes and lots and lots of mini ones. Hope my Kung Fu comrades will be hungry after tonight's class...

I can't swear that they really taste of Guinness, but they certainly taste delicious!

Have a sweet Valentine's Day everyone.



It kind of looks like a pint of Guinness from the top... kind of.


A sort of heart. This is the idea I was trying to copy.


The opposite version worked a lot better.


Lots and lots of left-overs = lots and lots of mini cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment