Friday 29 April 2011

Let Them Eat Cake

You could argue that a school nursery party in honour of the royal wedding is no place for political comment, but when I was asked to supply six small cakes as my son's contribution to the above celebration, I couldn't resist being a little bit cheeky.

Six chocolate cakes are decorated in red, white and blue (though I must confess that when I see these colours outside of a Union Jack design, I don't think of the UK flag, but of the Stars and Stripes or even a rosette from the French revolution ...maybe I can reprise these cakes in July: both on the 4th and 14th?!)

The message on them is definitely poking fun at the royals, but I also like the double meaning, because -of course- I'm also wishing that everyone be allowed to eat cake.


"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"


No comments:

Post a Comment