Sunday 22 May 2011

Cupcakeasaurus

48 Dinosaur cakes were ordered for Maya's 5th birthday by her gran. I made 24 chocolate and 24 vanilla cakes, and decorated them in a variety of styles.

My favourite ones are the fondant icing dinosaur bones, and the rubble/stones that were made from crushed Oreo and chocolate chip cookies - it was a super-messy job, but a really effective look, I think.

The volcanoes took a lot of debate and experimentation, but apparently they were the most popular design: I should have made more!

Chocolate and vanilla cakes with chocolate and vanilla buttercream, cookie crumbs, fondant icing decorations and shop-bought sugar flowers.


Dem bones


One diplodocus...


...and a whole herd of them.


A sort of Triceratops, complete with Oreo and chocolate chip cookie 'rubble'.


That Oreo rubble got everywhere!


Volcano!



Dino bones, chocolate chip cookie 'boulders' and a wonky palm tree.


I love the bones, they were a last minute design addition, but my favourites, I think. The extra-nice thing about them was that the more broken apart the bones are, the better they look!



Palm trees shedding leaves, before I've even left the house.


The cakes on the stand, ready to party!
I, personally, would have mixed the cakes up on the layers of the stand, and put more than 1 cake on top, but the birthday girl's big brother was art directing this!
I hope they shuffled them round a bit before serving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment