Monday 9 May 2011

Triple Ginger Cake for a Kung Fu double bill

Thought I'd better bring a contribution to Kung Fu film night, and I'd been looking for an excuse to try this recipe, so I got baking on Saturday morning.

It was quite a lot of cake to eat straight after a take away curry though, next film night I'll make some ice cream instead.

Having said that, it was really nice but VERY gingery- there are some changes I would make to it, but I'll definitely be baking this again.


Dan Lepard's ginger chocolate chip pound cake


Triple Ginger Cake:
ground ginger, crystallised ginger and Green & Blacks dark chocolate with ginger (which is -conveniently- my absolute favourite chocolate)
(thanks for the name suggestion, Paul)


A close up of the icing - it consists only of extra thick double cream and sugar!
I think it's a bit too sweet, especially when I tasted it by itself, the sugar really made my teeth go "eeeeeeeeeee".
I also tried to use the ginger chocolate for decoration, but it has chunks of ginger in, so wasn't so good for drizzling, as much as blobbing. Next time I'll use pure chocolate for decoration, and maybe I would try it with a cream cheese topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment