Sunday 19 June 2011

'Enchanted Garden' Christening Cakes

Claire ordered 48 cakes in an 'Enchanted Garden' theme for her daughter's Christening. We played around with lots of design ideas before we settled on fairies, butterflies, dragonflies and daisies, in a white, brown, pink and mint green colour theme.

I made 24 chocolate cakes and 12 each of vanilla and strawberry cakes and then iced them with chocolate, vanilla and strawberry buttercream.

Claire also asked for "lots of (edible) glitter" - so that's what she got!


12 cakes were iced with vanilla buttercream.


12 cakes were iced with strawberry buttercream.


12 cakes were iced with chocolate buttercream.


and 12 cakes were iced with vanilla buttercream, that was coloured and piped into grass.


Enchanted garden with toadstool.


Daisies.


Butterflies.



Dragonflies.




Fairies.
I can take no credit for the design of these- I copied an online tutorial that I found here.
...I'm not sure how I would have done them, had I not found that tutorial!


A bit heavy-handed with the rouge, perhaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment