Tuesday 28 June 2011

Wedding Rehearsal

Some test cakes for Claire, who might want to have some Hello There Cupcakes at her wedding, in September.
She sent me some images that she liked, but they are quite different to the cakes I normally make, hence these test ones.

I don't normally post photos until the cakes are delivered to the customer, but I imagine that if these get made, they will have evolved by the time they're delivered, so I don't think I'm spoiling anyone's surprise.

Claire said that her bridesmaids would be wearing blue, and the photo she sent me had blue and white cakes. So the colour scheme I went for is dark/light blue, white and silver.

The buttercream is quite yellow in these photos, this is because I used real butter. If I was making them for real and the colour theme remained, then I would use vegetable fat to make the icing pure white.

I hope she likes them! Looking forward to hearing her feedback...


These were a copy of the cakes Claire had liked. But I don't have the nice flowers that were on the original (and don't have the skills for sugarcraft flowers), so the small shop-made ones are standing in for now.


My least favourite ones. Maybe because the colours aren't so punchy?


Blue fondant icing flowers with silver ball.


The bride and groom's initials are stamped into fondant icing.


Butterflies.


Plain roses and ones decorated with silver balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment